Sunday, August 1, 2010

What to do with 80 Kroner

I was out shopping today (hooray~~), set to buy a nice rain coat (yeah, the rains have started) which I never really get to do it since summer. Being easily distracted, I didn't manage to get what I intended to buy but that's not the point. The point is: I manage to get a cute Hello Kitty T-shirt & very nice bangles from H&M for only DKK70. DKK70!!! I still can't believe it. Love those sales days. I left the shop with a huge grin on my face :p
My cute Hello Kitty T & bangles from H&M, DKK70!!!
Having spent DKK350 for a nice lunch at the post museum's restaurant...yes, post museum's restaurant in Copenhagen serves wonderful food with good city view on the fifth floor (which tells how 'high' the rest of the buildings in city centre are); the H&M purchase must be my best move since years.

Feeling good for a great purchase, I march down the street to LaGlace, the oldest confectionery in Copenhagen for some French macaron. I still remember the great ones from Paris 2 months ago, can't bake it but I can at least buy it ;). 

Macarons are expensive in Paris, about €2 each and apparently the price trend is well maintained here as well. Squeezed myself through the crowded confectionery entrance, stuck in between a couple who's yelling to each other over my head (am I transparent?); I finally made my order to a box of 6 macarons which cost DKK78. 

Box of 6 macarons from LaGlace, DKK78!
DKK78...it's 8kroner more expensive than my H&M purchase & I know very well that they'll be gone at a very fast rate. Gosh...the macarons are worth it. I won't say it's better than LaDurée's but they certainly taste good. Coffee, chocolate, strawberry, lemon, oat (with hint of liquor) & pistachio...they were gone in minutes following the sequence, and I'm still craving for more, hehe...


So, 2 way of spending DKK80 in Copenhagen, which one is better? Hard to say. I'm just glad I don't have to choose between them :D

No comments: