Sunday, August 1, 2010

Fu Hao Dim Sum

Dim sum, heart touching if directly translated from Cantonese, used to be one of my favourite brunch during weekend back home. Living in Copenhagen strips me off this luxury but not anymore. Previously I've tried the dim sum at Royal Palace but it's not exactly a very good one. Fu Hao, was recommended by colleagues from work, so I decided to give it a try.

Char siu fried noodles
Tucked in the corner of a side street right behind the central station, this newly renovated restaurant has a lot of Chinese customers, even some Thai & Vietnamese. I made an appointment for dim sum with my colleague, so more varieties can be tried out. Started with the roast pork fried noodle, bit oily but that's what gives it a great taste, Fu Hao score 1.


 Following with some assortment of typical dim sum: siu mai, radish cake, roast pork cheung fan & prawn dumpling; not to say great but they're all good. And some sweet dishes: water chestnut cake, red bean cake, read bean bun & malay cake. Normally I won't order the first 3 sweet dishes but that's part of the fun about eating with someone else, you get to try something out of the norm. And the malay cake is great!


So, a wonderful Sunday brunch for 4 with pot of chrysanthemum tea, DKK432...my purse is getting slim but the experience is worth it. Fu Hao, mark my word that I'll be back ;)

No comments: