Friday, October 10, 2008

Luns Restaurant

Copenhagen, despite relatively small size, is well reputed as gastronomic heaven which houses restaurants that sums up to 12 Michelin stars. These starred restaurants are quality assured but unfortunately also very expensive. I just can't bring myself to spend a fortune on merely a dinner while I could use the same amount of money for traveling around.

Then, I read reviews about Luns Restaurant which is owned and run by two former Michelin Star chefs at a much lower (hence affordable) price. They're basically the cook, the waiter, the receptionist, the 'everything'...only opens from 1800hr to 2200hr, offering only 1 choice of main course (or shall I say no choice in this case? hmm...), usually served in pot. Menu rotates on a weekly basis.

Very casual, painted wooden floor with lots of filled wine boxes pushed up against the wall and bookshelfs on the wall (books are for sale too, DKK75 each), the restaurant makes one feel care-free and homely. The wine selection is very impressive, unfortunately I'm not good at drinking wine :$

Main course is French inspired, the one I had was meat stew in a pot. Menu is simply a piece of photocopy paper with nearly unrecognizable hand writing (in Danish only anyway). Even though choice of main course is out of question, pre-course, appetizer, dessert / coffee are thankfully a choice :)

The food is very nice, lots of surprisingly refreshing combination that turns out amazing. Feel like I'm dining at a French granmother's place that I never know I had...yum yum. Picture taking is strictly prohibited, I have to snap these pictures 'very discretely', so better appreciate this. Looking forward to my next visit there :)

2 comments:

Finlands finest said...

I love your food/restaurant review. Looks like a fun dinner!

Chun Har said...

I was stopped by the restaurant owner during my photo 'spying' session...embarrassing :$