Saturday, October 16, 2010

Momofuku

Momofuku, the new 'hip' name in the culinary business in New York has swept me off my feet when I first tried their Octo Vinaigrette Fried Chicken, which subsequently triggers me to find out more about Chang and his restaurants and to realize how amazing / experimental a cook he is. Seeing my interest, Mr.T secretly bought me a Momofuku cook book to surprise me. I certainly hope it's not an indication that I shall cook more Momofuku food for him, it'll kill me, if you know Momofuku ;)

Anyway, here's the book: simple wood imitate cover with the lucky peach (in japanese: momofuku).


Just as David Chang himself , who's selling all sorts of funny food you can't imagine in his noodle bar and yet manage to win well reputed award and the hearts of New Yorker (and more), the book is nothing like any ordinary cook book. Or shall I say, it's not just a cook book. It's a biography about Chang and also a story telling book that explains in length histories behind each recipes and it also encourages creativity in cooking, explaining that sticking to the norm is not bad, but it can be changed for better.

I've never seen F**k word in a cook book before but this one has it. Does that make the book bad? NO, hell, no...not at all. To me, it's a multi-functional book, read it as you please like any other books that you have and use it as you wish, just like any other cook books that you have. If you're looking for that one cook book that'll blow your mind, get one of this. I'm loving it, so much. Thank you, Mr.T :D

No comments: